What natural stone does CRS Marble & Granite carry?
• We currently carry a wide variety of over 150 colors of granite, along with marble and quartzite.
What is Granite?
• One of the hardest natural materials on earth makes granite the most sought after natural stone for
counter tops, vanities, flooring and many other indoor and outdoor uses. Composed of many different
minerals primarily of quartz, mica, and feldspar, granite’s look is unique. This is because it is formed
deep in the earth at extremely high temperatures. Melting minerals gives the granite its extreme variety
of vibrant colors, wide range of patterns, and its durable strength.
What is Marble?
• Marble is a natural stone composed predominantly of calcite and dolomite or serpentine, depending
on the color. Marble has studding range of rich colors from snow white, or salmon pink, to coal black.
Marble adds an elegant touch to vanity tops and fireplaces.
What is Quartzite?
• Quartzite is a metamorphic quartz-based stone formed in exceedingly hard layers. In some deposits,
intrusion of minerals during the formation process creates unusual coloration.
Will my sample match my actual slab?
• Natural stone movement or veining varies from lot to lot. There may be a small difference in color.
CRS Marble & Granite will gladly show you the actual full slabs of the wide variety of granite and marble.
What is the price of granite or marble countertops?
• Pricing countertops includes many different variables that only a fabricator can give you. CRS Marble
and Granite will gladly price out any of our material to the fabricator of the customer’s choosing.
What size is granite and what does it weigh?
• Darker colors are approximately 18 lbs. per sq. ft. and lighter colors are approximately 14 lbs. per sq. ft.
Slab sizes can range from 102″ x 65″ to 130″ x 80″. Some materials come in smaller and bigger slabs;
each individual lot will differ in slab size.
Where does natural stone come from?
• Natural stone is quarried from all around the world, mostly Brazil, India, Italy, Spain, China, and France.
Why is granite the preferred natural stone for kitchen counter tops?
• Granite is highly durable and scratch and chip resistant under normal use. It also adds a vibrant touch
and value to any kitchen. Because each stone is unique, you will have a one of a kind, beautiful counter top.
Why is marble the preferred natural stone for bathroom counter tops and fireplaces?
• Marble is a bit less durable then granite. It is more prone to getting scratched and stained. Bathrooms
and fireplaces are less susceptible then a kitchen to wear and tear.
Will bacteria grow on granite countertops?
• No matter the surface, unkempt and unclean countertops can harbor bacteria. Granite, when kept clean,
is tested to being second only to stainless steel to resist the growth of bacteria.
Is it true about radon in granite?
• Please visit the Marble Institute of America’s website for complete information. You can read the
research the studies conducted by the MIA.
Will I need to re-polish my granite?
• You will never have to re-polish granite under normal household use.
CRS Marble & Granite is only a natural stone distributor. Meaning, we do not cut or install granite. So
the below questions we are unable to answer, therefore, they are for your fabricator and will differ from
countertop to countertop.
Questions for your fabricator:
Will my countertop have seams?
Do I need additional cabinet supports?
How often do you have to seal granite?
How do you know when granite needs to be re-sealed?
What should I use to clean my countertops?
Can my marble countertops be refinished once they become scratched?
What is the price of the material I like?
For more questions and information please visit Marble Institute of America.